imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
13 Little Blue Envelopes - Maureen Johnson This is more like 3.5 stars. Not quite 4 though. The descriptions were great, and the lesson learned was important, but it wasn't the best book I've read lately.

Ginny's aunt was always a little flighty. She was here and there, but always there for Ginny. That is until her aunt ran off and never came home. After some time, Ginny's family finds out that her aunt was very sick and died after a trip to Europe. Soon Ginny gets a package in the mail with 13 envelopes from her aunt that send her on an unforgettable journey across Europe.

What I liked: I really enjoyed the descriptions of European countries and cities. I felt like I was really there with Ginny. She met some very different people, and I appreciated no one really being normal or plain. Everyone had their quirks. It made for interesting experiences and unpredictable events. I also liked that, even though Ginny thinks she's shy and invisible, she does some very brave things while trying to create a new identity in Europe. She learns some surprising details about her aunt's life, and she works through everything with her head high (even in her unwashed, wet clothes).

What I didn't like: Why didn't Ginny's mom have a name? And who lets their teenage daughter run to Europe alone?! Sounds a little scary to me, but Ginny went and learned some valuable lessons I suppose.