imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Wither - 'Lauren DeStefano' Wither is the kind of book that will hook you within the first few pages and never, ever let go. This is the kind of book that will keep me thinking long after the series ends, wondering, "Man, could this happen? How far off is this?" It's a truly original take of the dystopian fantasy genre, and I enjoyed it to the last page.

It starts out in such a creepy and dark manner that you have no choice but to keep reading. You HAVE to know what the deal is! And this is what happened: a third world war broke out, and only North America survived (the reason why made me giggle.. yeah right!). Also, scientists have genetically altered the human race to completely obliterate all health issues, ranging from cancer to STDs to the common cold and flu. One flaw? New generations only make it twenty-five years, and that's only if you're male.

Rhine Ellery is sixteen, living with her twin brother, trying to get by as orphans. That is until she's snatched up by Gatherers - ones who make a living by capturing young females to marry wealthy males and keep the race alive. Rhine is taken to a mansion with limited access and two sister wives. She is bound and determined to escape and go back home to Manhattan and her brother. She makes friends and enemies, learns about herself, and keeps hope. But is it enough? READ THIS BOOK!

For full review, go to my book blog: http://imabookshark.blogspot.com
It will be up 6/16/11