imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Love Story - Jennifer Echols Check out my blog here: http://imabookshark.blogspot.com

I thought this one was interesting, almost being told through short stories written for a college honors class. They go back and forth between Hunter and Erin, telling tales of their lives almost to one up each other. It's definitely a different approach.

I was kind of stuck though. This is more an adult novel, but it's written about two 18-year-old people. They're in their freshman year of college, but they have a lot of drama. So this isn't really adult, but it's a little more mature than traditional YA (whatever that really is..).

I did enjoy the twists and turns, all the different ways this novel goes. As soon as you're sure how it's going to end, things get changed up on you! I was always guessing, then changing my thoughts, and finally going back on those new predictions. I had no idea until the very end, really. I appreciate that part of this book, for sure.

As a reader, I love that it keeps you guessing. As a reviewer, I almost have no idea what to do with it. It's in the middle of age-ranges, and while it was creative, I never really like stories with horses in them. Don't ask. I just don't.

I will give this 3.5 stars.