imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions - Jeri Smith-Ready, Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Mary E. Pearson, Rachel Vincent, Ally Condie, Sarah Rees Brennan, Claudia Gray, Melissa Marr, Carrie Ryan, Kimberly Derting, Jackson Pearce, Jessica Verday, Rachel Caine, Kelley Armstrong I received this book through Around The World ARC Tours. Here is my honest review:

I must admit - I only read certain stories from this book. Why? Because I'm not familiar with all the authors and their respective book universes. Make sense? I read a few, some from authors I know well, and some original stories. I'm not big on short story anthologies, but I do like the short stories from series I normally read. Here are the ones I read and what I thought:

Jackson Pearce - Things About Love
This one is written in the As You Wish universe. First person/present tense with alternating POVs between Lawrence and Juliet. I have not read the As You Wish book(s), but I enjoyed this little story on love. It didn't really make me want to read her As You Wish novel(s) because I'm not all that into genies, but I may check them out. I did appreciate the gay character. :o)

Jeri Smith-Ready - Bridge
Set in her Shade/Shift series, Logan is telling this story in first person/present tense. He wants to find someone to talk to his older brother Mickey for him. He finds Krista, and the meeting is bittersweet for everyone. Good story, written in verse, and that made it very different.

Kimberly Derting - Skin Contact
Told in third person/past tense, this story is set in The Body Finder world. Rafe's story about Sophie is heartbreaking and very sad. Keep tissue with you for this one. While Jay and Vi make no appearance, this is a great addition to The Body Finder series.

Ally Condie - Leaving
A stand-alone dystopian short, Leaving is about a girl whose dad has disappeared, leaving her marked in her society. She also wants to leave, but the choice isn't always as clear-cut as it seems. I think this one can become something way more if she chooses, and I may check it out. I didn't care all that much for Matched, but this one seems different enough. Told in first person/present tense.

Jessica Verday - At The Late Night, Double Feature, Picture Show
Jane, part of a family of supernatural-being hunters, runs into some trouble on an unapproved solo mission. She comes across some interesting characters dressed and ready for a Rocky Horror convention and talent show! A story about Rocky Horror? Count me in! The dedication is priceless, too. Great original. Wanted a little more from one part, but that's okay!