imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
I Loved You First - Reena Jacobs I received this book from the author. Here is my honest review.

The blog tour is coming up, so here's my review for the novella! It is a very quick, easy read. It flows pretty well, too. It wasn't predictable for me, so the whole time I was reading I was never quite sure where the novella was going to take me. I had a couple ideas, but none of them really came about. That was okay, because by the end I suppose I was pretty satisfied.

I have to say, though.. I didn't like the relationship Alex has with Seth. She's so dependent, and she feels so worthless without him. On the other hand, Alex also seems very selfish and self-centered, which doesn't go with the dependency. This shows most when Alex gets mad at Seth while he's in the hospital going through his drama. Goodness, cut the guy some slack! Anyway, Alex has issues to work through in the book, so that's what it's about.

I liked Trinity. She has her head on (mostly) straight. She seems to be a good influence on Alex. I wanted more from her in the end, though. Seth has some issues, and being gay is an issue for him. He struggles with it so much, and the reason becomes obvious when people start finding out. There are jerks out there! I'm SO all for equality, so people like that get under my skin. It's sad, but some people are full of hate. This novella teaches some hard lessons, but they need to be learned.

Book tour stop coming Sept 14 @ imabookshark blog.