imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Why We Broke Up - Daniel Handler, Maira Kalman This book didn't do it for me. All the obscure references to movies and books just kind of irked me. It reminded me of Love Walked In but in a bad way. And I will admit to skimming some of the middle of this novel. It's an ARC, so quite a bit of it wasn't finished. The pictures weren't all drawn in yet, but I don't think that would have helped. I'd like to see a finished copy when this book comes out.

Min's letter was a little long and very detailed. It's cleverly written, but some of the paragraphs are actually pages long. That's a little distracting for me. And the dialogue just didn't feel like it was coming from high school juniors sometimes. Ed seems like a douche, but I guess that's clear since they broke up. And poor Al. He is so understanding and slightly desperate.

This wasn't a bad book, really. I just didn't get into it. Maybe it was the timing, but I feel like a good book will reel me in at any time. But maybe someone else will like this one. Give it a shot, because it was definitely an interesting read. Just not entirely for me.

Side note: I think this book was made from lead because it's the heaviest book I've ever read. It's not because it's that long. It's just HEAVY.