imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Shift - Jeri Smith-Ready I like the ghost aspect of this series. I don't always like supernatural stuff, but it's not too bad in this series. I also am pleased with the rules around the Shift and whatnot. It's a different concept, and I appreciate that. I feel like a lot of books are just about ghosts, but this one revolves around a supernatural mystery where only certain people can see them, and some people live as translators for ghosts, so the whole world knows. Very different.

This one shed some light on Aura's life and past. That was nice to see. There was also that river scene when Aura and Zachary are trying to escape some trouble.. yeah. I thought there would be more, but this IS a YA novel.

I was expecting more, and while I enjoyed listening to this one, it just didn't live up to the hype. I heard a LOT of REALLY great things, and sometimes that really ruins it for me! Oh well. I enjoy the semi-trashiness of these novels in a teen setting. That sounds awful, but these read like YA novels with a couple semi-adult scenes. They're interesting, that's for sure. I will definitely continue with this series though! I want to know if what happens at the end REALLY happens.. :o)