imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Bras & Broomsticks (Magic in Manhattan, #1) - Sarah Mlynowski The narrator of this one did a pretty good job. Her adult voices were a little exaggerated, but they were tolerable. I enjoyed her voice overall.

I liked the feeling of this novel, and I was honestly a bit on edge the whole time, knowing that what they were doing would most definitely bite them in the butt. Rachel finds out that her sister and mother are witches. She's upset that she doesn't have the powers at first, but her sister quickly succumbs to the desire to use her new magic. They plot and scheme, but all spells have consequences. And maturity would have helped Rachel, but she is just 14.

I laughed and got mad with Rachel. Miri was a fun character. Their nicknames for people were amusing. I didn't much like STB either. This book didn't bring up any deep feelings, but I enjoyed listening to it in the car this past week. Thanks, Sarah Mlynowski. :o)