imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson The first 8 hours of this audio book could be summarized in about five sentences. I get that this was all back story, and that the details were needed, but I found myself so bored sometimes. Then, all of the sudden, this book gets really interesting. When Mikael and Lisbeth finally cross paths, this book becomes really good. But up until that point it was either rape, legal woes, and Henrik blabbing about his huge crazy family.

If I'd paid closer attention, maybe it wasn't hard to figure out who the bad guy is, but I had no clue. And a lot of the details in this book were either so gross or so extraneous that my attention went down after a while. I don't need to know what he bought at the store if it isn't important. And goodness, the next two are even longer. But the relationship that builds between Mikael and Lisbeth, plus Lisbeth's badassness and troubled life, will keep me intrigued for the next two.

I believe this book is titled "Men Who Hate Women" in Sweden, and that's much more accurate than "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" because her life is a side story in this novel. She's hardly in it until she meets up with Mikael, and even then this book is mostly about him. But the stuff she does and the way she helps make it all possible. :o)