imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Notes to Self - Avery Sawyer I received this from the author for review. Here are my honest thoughts:

See full review here.

3.5 stars

Wow. This one starts off with the fall and only one of the girls waking up, so the action starts right away. This book isn't all action, exactly, but Robin always is trying to figure out what happened and who she is. If she isn't questioning herself, people are being hard on her or she's finding out things about her family that she didn't know. Shockers, really. Whoa.

At first, I couldn't tell if Robin was a boy or girl. It's not known until the 3rd chapter I think, where a nurse says something like, "Doctor, she's awake!" I didn't care for that part because I couldn't picture her at all. I don't read descriptions very well, so I didn't know. And she always seems older than 15. Maybe I am a bad judge of age. After that, maybe the pacing was a little off. I'm not a good judge at that either I guess, and honestly, I always wanted to keep reading. But the memories sprinkled in with the current events slowed the pace a bit.

Obviously I enjoyed this though. The ends of chapters kept me wanting to read on, and even when I was super tired the other night I kept reading until my eyes just wouldn't stay open. It's a very interesting story that will keep you wondering until the end. Robin tries so hard to figure out what happened, and in the meantime she wants to be with Reno. The romance is subtle, light, and tender. I didn't get the sense of Emily like Josie tells it, but it makes sense I suppose. It's one of those stories, once you get to that point. But it's not bad at all. I hope there is a sequel, but only kind of, since I have no idea what it would be about.. haha.