imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
The Girl in the Park - Mariah Fredericks See full review here!

I received this ARC from Net Galley. Here is my honest review:

Perhaps I was expecting more, but maybe this was what I was expecting. I'm still not sure. This isn't a bad thing, really. I didn't have huge hopes because I hadn't read many reviews for this one. It's definitely a whodunit-type mystery with some twists and turns along the way. It's a quick read, so it's worth a shot!

Rain has a speech problem due to a birth defect. Wendy didn't care when everyone else did. They became friends but learned they didn't have much in common and drifted apart. This story is of Wendy's murder and Rain's subsequent feelings and actions in the aftermath. Rain wants to become Wendy's voice when she no longer has it. It's the least she thinks she can do.

New clues come forth, leaving you guessing at who the murderer is. It goes back and forth, and you never really know until the end. I kind of figured it would end up being who it was, but that's okay. It's not totally obvious so it's still worth a read.

This was an ARC, so it needs some editing. Also, some parts of the story didn't seem to fit the whole. The feel was off when Rain was expressing some of her feelings. The vibe was a bit strange there. But there isn't a lot of YA mystery out there, so this is a good place to start. It's not funny; this is a serious book. For funny, try Deadly Cool by Gemma Halliday.