imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Pretty Crooked - Elisa Ludwig See full review here!

I received this book on Net Galley. Here is my honest review:

This book is such a fantastic combination of Mean Girls and Robin Hood! I'm not the first to say that, but it's exactly how to describe this book. Willa Fox starts at a fancy shmancy college prep high school in Paradise Valley, AZ. She gets friendly with the "in" crowd, hilariously and cleverly called the Glitterati. Soon Willa finds out how mean these girls are and wants to put a stop to it. She comes up with a plan to steal from the rich girls to give to the poor ones they trash on a blog called Buzz. Seems genius, right? Hmm.. ;o)

Pretty Crooked is hilarious, smart, and originally fresh. I read the whole thing in a day because I couldn't put it down! I was so entertained and enthralled by Willa's journey that I just had to keep reading. It didn't hurt that I live near Paradise Valley, either. Some things she mentioned were real, like First Friday (which I STILL haven't gone to but would love to!), but some things I'd never heard of and cannot verify as of yet. Hmm. Anyway, this book is pretty great.

You can really get behind a girl like Willa. Her plan seems genuine, but it's obviously a little whacked. I kept forgetting that she's only 15, but that's fine. And the guys in the book.. Tre seems like a better choice, even with his record. Aiden is just kind of annoying to me sometimes. And the end. Oh the end. I was a little frustrated with that ending! This is an ARC so I wonder if she changed it. I'll have to look into that!