imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Under the Never Sky - Veronica Rossi See full review here!

I received an ARC from Net Galley. Here's my honest review:

I tried this one a couple different ways. Reading the eARC just wasn't doing it for me. I met the author at a Dark Days event and still couldn't get into it. I finally gave it some time and got the audio book. MUCH better. Not sure why I was having such a tough time at the beginning, but this seemed to be a common complaint. After a while, though, the book gets much more interesting and easier to get lost in.

The sudden love story doesn't always mesh with me, and in this one, it didn't feel forced but it did feel a bit off. While I grew to like them as a couple, the story obviously doesn't bode well for them. I guess we'll just have to wait for the next one to see how it all unfolds. But Aria is a brave yet naive girl. She has a lot to learn, as does Perry.

This book has a bunch of twists and turns, and you never really know who's telling the truth. It's definitely entertaining once you get through a few chapters. I'm just glad I finally finished it!!

Here's a bit of a I didn't really like that they had sex. I'm not a prude, and I read adult novels, too. But it's not okay to just have sex with some random dirty boy you find out in the wild! I know that they'd been working closely together to survive, but seriously. They're so young, and she'd never done that before. And the whole, "No, you can't get pregnant because I'd be able to SMELL it," thing totally weirded me out. Oh well.