imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Spellcaster - Cara Lynn Shultz See full review here!

I received this ARC from Net Galley. Here's my honest review:

I liked the first book in this series, Spellbound. I enjoyed the humor of this sequel, but the story wasn't as capturing as the first one. Spellcaster didn't suck me in as much as Spellbound did. This one too quite a bit for me to finish since I wasn't worried about how Emma and Brendan would fare this time around. They always figure things out and make it work. Angelique has a couple of her own chapters with her own POV, and things seem to be getting better between Angelique and Brendan. That's good!

The thing that sticks out the most from this book is definitely the comedy that is Emma. She's very funny. Sometimes it sounds like she's trying too hard, but her sarcastic comments and snide remarks really cracked me up a few times. And obviously the love between Emma and Brendan is swoon worthy. But they both care for each other so much it's almost sickening. Oy. Brendan is always feeling so guilty and Emma has to lie, but their relationship is just so perfect, right? In the end it's okay because he would have done the same thing, right? I don't know about this..

In this installment of the Spellbound series, Emma is being attacked by another crazy and needs to use her witchcraft to save the day. Sounds familiar, right? I can't imagine this series going any other way. I'd like to see a book about them without some psycho trying to attack them. Just saying.