imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Dearly, Departed - Lia Habel See full review here!

3.5 stars

This book took me forever to read. I wasn't into it at first because it felt like a lot to take in. The different types of zombies threw me off, and the Victorian-but-in-the-future thing really didn't make sense to me. But after I read 150 pages or so I realized that this was a pretty good, unique story and I needed to read it. I finished it very quickly after that. Even though the whole zombie thing is weird, I still felt myself really pulling for Bram and Nora! I started to love them all, in fact. Chas, Tom, Ren, Coalhouse and the whole gang. And Wolfe is a total ass. By the end, I realized that I definitely wanted to read the sequel to see what happens with everyone next.

I must say, though, that Nora seemed quite ridiculous. She was basically a child, acting like a 5 year old throwing tantrums. I get that her situation was very strange and extremely scary and difficult, but honestly. She stomped around, yelled, and whined like a baby. I didn't enjoy that. But like I said, I still was hoping for something good for her and Bram. Bram was an enjoyable character. I liked reading his chapters and how he reacted to Nora. It was heartwarming.

I hope for good things in the next one. I want happiness for Pam and her family, for Nora and her friends and family, etc etc. This was an action-packed, good zombie read. Thanks to everyone for recommending it to me and encouraging me to keep reading it.