imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Everneath - Brodi Ashton See full review here!

This is a slightly spoilery book review. Be a little cautious when reading the numbered section.

I had quite a few problems with this book, but I'll try to keep this to the point. If you have answers for me, I'd love to hear them. Here we go..

1) I don't understand the time thing. I get that it goes faster in this Everneath. And Nikki keeps saying that she was there for 100 years, but in Earth time it was only a few months. She didn't age while down there, and she was able to slip right back into her old life. SO IT WASN'T REALLY 100 YEARS! Not for her anyway. I was irritated with that.

2) She also mentions that she only remembered Jack. Specifically. So why is it that she makes it home and remembers her brother, her father, Jules, her mother's death, etc? Did I miss something?

3) Really.. she's wasting her precious Returned time on SCHOOL?

4) Nikki seems like many people these days, thinking they don't have to take the consequences for her actions. She even says something about getting out of paying her debt. That's not how life works, honey. My goodness.

However.. once I got into this book, I read it pretty quickly. It was getting a bit irritating that Nikki wasn't figuring things out as fast as I was, but that's okay. Cole and Jack were pretty good opposites. As much as you want to hate Cole, you can't help but feel for him. And Jack just pulls at your heartstrings.

I think a lot of people will like this novel. It's definitely a little different. And I really did like how the author slowly fills us in on the past, the events that lead up to Nikki's choice to go to the Feed. So with all the gripes I have, I obviously enjoyed it enough to finish and actually want to read the second one by the end.