imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
All These Things I've Done (Birthright #1) - Ilyana Kadushin, Gabrielle Zevin See full review here!

I received this audio book from Macmillan Audio. Here is my honest review:

3.5 stars

Chocolate and caffeine are illegal, but Anya Balanchine's family has a company that makes and sells chocolate. She has close ties to organized crime in her family, both of her parents are dead, and her grandmother is near death herself. Anya tries to take care of her family, but her older brother was left somewhat mentally challenged after a car accident and her younger sister can't take care of herself. Anya's boyfriend also tries to get her to have sex with him. Then enters Win, the assistant DA's son. It's somewhat all downhill from there.

This is a pretty fast-paced novel. Lots of events go down. I couldn't believe how strong and smart Anya is, but you'd seriously have to be in her position. I don't want to say too much about what goes on in this novel, but I definitely liked it. It was kind of stressful, but I also laughed a couple times, which I wasn't expecting. I like when that happens. It seemed pretty well written and detail oriented, since there are all these new rules in Anya's world.

The narrator, Ilyana Kadushin, did an alright job. She read Twilight, and I never finish listening to the first one. Not because I didn't like her, I just stopped after a good part and moved on. She pronounced Win's last name differently a couple times throughout the novel, and I kind of got tired of hearing her say Balanchine and chocolate. But other than that, I liked her voice and the different voices she did for the other characters. She was a good voice for Anya.

Full review coming to imabookshark blog soon.