imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Every Day - David Levithan I'm not a huge David Levithan fan. And before you freak out, it's mostly because I don't like his writing style. I don't enjoy teenagers who talk and think like they're middle aged to sound cool. But this book is fresh and different, and I very much enjoyed it.

First off, I listened to the audio book version, and I think they did a great job with picking the narrator. The voice was very unisex, as is the MC in this book. Rhiannon's voice was very likable but slightly annoying in a way. And the regular voice had the same effect but I still thought it was perfect for the book. Good choice!

As for the novel itself, I REALLY liked the fact that this MC was neither male nor female. The MC lives in someone else's body for a day, and it could be a boy or a girl. It's always a person around the age of A, the MC. And it's always a person in the same vicinity as A is currently, unless A leaves the area. Anyway, A falls in love with Rhiannon, a girl, and goes to see her in many different bodies. I had a few problems with Rhiannon, but I won't spoil anything.

THE END, you guys. THE END! I just about cried. It made me pretty sad! I was hoping for what seemed obvious, but maybe that end should have been obvious. In my opinion, it worked out for the best. Overall I enjoyed this book. I liked listening to it, but I wanted some more information on A's purpose and life. It wasn't complete, to me. Maybe there will be more? I kind of hope so.