imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Burn for Burn - Jenny Han, Siobhan Vivian Uhhh.. what the heck? I heard so many people talk about how wicked that cliffhanger was, but that was hardly a cliffhanger. I think the book just didn't continue. That's how it felt. I see that there are more books to this series, but really? No explanation of Mary? We just have to accept that stuff? Goodness, I want to start swearing about this book. I was expecting so much more I guess. This isn't at all what I thought was coming. And no, I didn't read the description, but I just heard SO many good things. Oh well.

The actual story was enough to keep me coming back for more - these girls all want revenge for one reason or another. The illicitness of Lillia wanting revenge on her group of friends makes it even more interesting. But she ends up learning something about the recipient of her wrath which makes it difficult to stomach. Kat is just trying too hard throughout the whole novel, and Mary is just clueless and strange. It was hard to listen to at some parts.

Let's chat about the narration, shall we? The narrator for Mary seriously sounded like she was either in a tin can or recording in a bathroom. It was really poor quality. The other two narrators had better-sounding performances, but Kat's voice was too similar to Mayim Bialik to me, so I pictured her the whole time as Amy Farrah Fowler on Big Bang Theory. Definitely not the style of this character at all.

And as for the liquid E thing.. I'm guessing these authors have never actually done anything like it, or they might have written a more accurate depiction of what it is and what it might do. People believe things, and this is how inaccurate information and discrimination start. Just saying.