imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles) - Gena Showalter Goodness gracious. At times I wasn't sure I was going to finish this book. Then I was curious enough to see it through, but by the end it just kept on dragging and dragging! There were grammatical errors I could HEAR and didn't even have to see. And the plot wasn't even close to Alice in Wonderland, so it's unfortunate that this book has this title. I didn't really sympathize with Allie very much. She was constantly in denial or delusional about many things: her family dying, Cole's feelings for his ex, her abilities. I was kind of over it after a while.

This very much read like an adult romance author barely succeeding at writing a YA tale. I could hear the uncomfortable steaminess that is found in adult romance, but this is definitely from a young adult perspective. I squirmed a couple times, and I read adult romance so it usually doesn't bother me. But when it's from a teen's POV, it's not right. I don't think they really think or talk like that. So that bothered me quite a bit.

The white rabbit cloud thing was s huge stretch. And, well, they didn't even mention zombies until about halfway through the book. I didn't understand the whole thing about only certain people being able to see them..? They hardly even seemed to be a problem since the general population had ZERO CLUE THEY EVEN EXISTED. It was like they were fighting them for no reason. No one was randomly dying from zombie attacks except people they knew. Am I forgetting something? Did I miss a part with death like that? Only her family died that way. Whatever.

I had more notes, but I'm too lazy to go get them. I don't want to waste more time on this. I was not impressed. This was a LOT of background information for a series beginning, and I didn't much care for the whole idea of it. Oh well.