imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
Things I Can't Forget - Miranda Kenneally This book is fun, fresh, and sweet. It's a huge departure from some of the "normal" stuff we have out there t choose from. Miranda Kenneally has a way with storytelling.

I enjoyed this book much more than I originally thought I would. With the presence of religion in this novel, I thought I wouldn't really care for it. At first I was shocked because Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker are definitely not very religious. The theme is there in those books at times, but it's not as overwhelmingly present as it is in this book.

Kate is struggling with her belief in God because of a sin she committed. Now at camp she reconnects with Matt, and she wants to sin some more. She works with wondering if she can have it both ways throughout the book. Being not religious in the least, I kept trying to tell her to go with her heart! But it's not that simple when her heart is in both places.

If you remove religion and just think of the story as a struggle between two opposing ideas, it's much easier to understand when you're not religious. It's very simple for me to substitute religion for something else when trying to pick between two things that both seem so right but cannot combine. Plus, Matt is a sweetie and totally a boy you can fall in love with. *sigh*

Kenneally delicately weaves this tale of balance and trying to find it. Kate changes throughout the book, finding out who she is and who the people around her really are, losing judgment and assumption along the way. She grows in a wonderful way, and it was interesting to see. I'm very glad I read this book at this point in my life. I'll keep reading Kenneally's books until I die. :o)