imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
One Tiny Lie - K.A. Tucker 4.5 stars - I received an ARC on NetGalley.

Ouch. Oh my goodness, ouch. This book absolutely ripped me open (but luckily it put me back together again). I really enjoyed [b:Ten Tiny Breaths|15990969|Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)|K.A. Tucker|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1374387219s/15990969.jpg|21747190], and it gave me a lot of the same feelings. This one, however, reawakened a lot of feelings I had about reading that I'd forgotten. Boy oh boy.

I really haven't been reading a lot. In fact, the only time I read (the written word, not audio books) is when I'm editing. Lately, I've been very bad with time management, so reading for fun hasn't happened. I had a bit of time before bed the other night so I scrolled through my Amazon Kindle app and found this one. I adore everything KA Tucker writes, and I remember loving TTB. From the beginning, I knew I was going to love Livie and her story, but I knew it was going to be tough.

It was tough all right. And quite honestly, it was particularly hard because Livie reminded me so much of myself. She strives to be perfect, to live a life she thinks she needs to for other people. For much of my life, I was the same way. I'm just finally starting to live for myself. And this book is Livie's journey to do just that.

It's up and down, and she makes mistakes, hard choices, and wrong turns. She gets hurt and hurts others. It's not easy, but Livie's story was *just* what I needed right now. It reminded me why I love to read. Livie's story, which I hope will continue to be told (along with the rest of the gang) in FSTL, made me feel SO many emotions that I haven't felt in a while. I felt happy, sad, vulnerable, in love for the first time, scared, worried, hopeful, messed up, embarrassed, angry, and blissful. I couldn't breathe, I felt like I was drowning, and I was also head over heels, all with Livie.

At first I absolutely loathed Ashton. Connor seemed like the perfect guy. Then everything gets all screwy and I barely knew up from down. Basically, Livie's story is one most girls and women want to live. I won't say too much more than that, but I can pretty much guarantee you'll get sucked into this one like I did. :o)

There was one continuity issue where Livie is surprised by Ashton's use of her real name instead of her nickname, Irish. She says he's never used it before, but he had earlier in the book. Oh well. :o)

This was an ARC, so I can't comment on the editing. But this is another reason why I don't read a lot of books anymore. I can't get past all that. Either way, I probably missed a few things while I read this because I was trying to read fast enough to ignore the editing while catching the story. I do remember that Dr. Stayner is absolutely hilarious and awesome. And I loved this book. <3