imabookshark

The Edge of Never
J.A. Redmerski
Camouflaged
Selena Laurence
After Math - Denise Grover Swank *The author provided me with a giveaway paperback copy. I couldn't help myself.*

You know what? Even though I looked at the book and knew exactly how it would turn out in the end, I really wanted to check it out anyway. How was this author going to make math sexy? I had to find out. And I'm pretty glad I did.

In the interest of being honest, I do have to say that I mostly skimmed this. I almost couldn't get past the poor proofreading job done on this book, but the story kept me interested. I felt compelled enough to keep going - hence the skimming. Some of the things I had issues are in the updates section of this review, but there were more. I kept wishing for a red pen. Either way, I did read the whole thing.

These characters had some issues. I like that Scarlett wasn't a virgin. She worked as the shy, academic type, but it wasn't too big of a deal when things started changing for her. It was a little strange, but the author explained it as best she good. Tucker was a great sleeping-around bad boy. His secrets were his reasons for acting the way he did. Caroline tried to do her best to protect her friend, but we all need to make our own mistakes, right?

Like I mentioned above, I knew exactly how the book would end. I'm sure you already know by reading this review or looking at the cover. But the story was definitely entertaining and intriguing enough for me to read it only a few short hours and enjoy it. I didn't want to put it down. I laughed and got upset and confused with the characters, and it was a pretty good time. It was sexy and emotional. I enjoyed the ride.

I'll definitely be reading the next one in this series. Yay!